Matrix Custom Back Support (E2617)
The details of more:
- The unique Matrix Adjustable Micro-Modular Support (AMMS) inner shell enables unparalleled options for shape adjustability along with many more attributes than a bullet point will allow.
- Auxetic foam has more skin protection properties than any other foam because it doesn’t behave like other foam.
- The rigid outer shell isn’t plastic, its Kydex, and its more expensive for a reason.
- The Matrix Radian 360 mounting hardware is not the lightest, but it is the strongest and most adjustable. For most of the users of our products, that’s more important.
Cover and Outer shell
Covers are made of two materials: Spacer fabric for the primary contact surface and a smooth Dartex style material with 3mm of silver impregnated foam for the surround. The spacer fabric is very breathable decreasing heat and moisture retention. While soft, the spacer fabric helps keep the client positioned. The surround material is very soft and slippery reducing the possibility of upper extremity skin irritation.
The rigid outer shell is made of Kydex instead of the typical ABS plastic. Kydex is stronger making it a superior material for mounting hardware, head rest interfaces and accessories. It also shapes better than ABS enabling a more accurate profile and thicker stronger material around complex shapes.
Inner Shell and Auxetic Foam
The unique Matrix Adjustable Micro-Modular Support (AMMS) inner shell enables unparalleled options for shape adjustability during or after delivery. Its see-through and feel-through design enables easy confirmation by the therapist or evaluator of appropriate support of the client in all areas. This design also achieves unparalleled airflow combating heat and moisture retention.
Matrix has an auxetic foam layer. Laying between the cover and inner shell, auxetic foam has skin protection properties far beyond any other type of foam. Auxetic foam does not deflect like normal foam ensuring that the user does not bottom out, has incredible shear protection and is soft to the touch yet maintains the form necessary to maintain positioning. An incredible best of both worlds. Its molecular structure it will not wear or degrade, even after years of constant use.
Radian 360 Mounting Hardware
The Matrix Radian 360 ball and socket design enables a truly infinite level of adjustability and can attach to any manual or powered wheelchair. Designed to solve positioning and alignment challenges, the Radian 360’s robust ball/socket and depth adjustment piston enables the correct positioning for the most challenging of users.The Matrix Radian 360 mounting hardware is not the lightest, but it is the strongest and most adjustable. For most of the users of our products, that’s more important. Fixed and quick release options are available for mounting to wheelchair canes or a solid back pan.
The thin yet rigid custom-shaped outer shell allows for ideal attachment of mounting hardware and other accessories. The lightweight multi-axis frame hardware is easy to attach to any manual or power wheelchair. Fixed and quick release options are also available for wheelchair canes or a solid back pan.
Matrix Adjustability and Growth
Washable and Breathable Custom Covers
Breathable Matrix custom back covers minimize heat and moisture retention while maximizing comfort.
Matrix custom back covers are made with two complimentary materials. Airflex mesh maximizes breathability and the Dartex surround provides a smooth surface for skin contact.
- Unlimited options for shape adjustability.
- Auxetic foam with more skin protection properties than any other foam.
- Spacer fabric covers are very breathable, decreasing heat and moisture retention.
- Kydex outer shell is a stronger, superior material for mounting hardware, head rest interfaces, and accessories.
- Matrix inner shell allows unparalleled, airflow combating heat and moisture retention.
- Available in all sizes.
MRSP Pricing and How to Order
Click link below to download the Matrix Seating USA order form and view pricing details. Print, fill out, and fax/email completed forms to email@example.com… Call 800-986-9319 with any questions.